Unit V Case Study
Weight: 8% of course grade
For this assignment, you will be provided the opportunity to practice what you have learned to this point. To successfully complete this assignment you will need to apply the scientific method approach to complete a set of field notes and audio recording of these notes simulating an on-scene recording. These notes will be used later to complete an investigative report on all the details of the fire and probable cause based upon the given information. You will need to complete the following tasks:
1. review the fire scenario and fire scene photos;
2. record audio notes of what you found in the analysis of the fire scene scenario and photos; and
3. make written field notes of the fire scene (record all the necessary information that is needed to complete the final fire investigation report, including diagrams).
Time: 1100 hours
Date: February 23, 2016
Weather Conditions: Clear–-38 degrees (cold wind @ 20 mph)
Type of Structure: One-family wooden-frame structure
Occupants: Family of four—husband, wife, 9-year-old male, 4-year-old female
Pictures: See below
Notification: At 1100 hours, you were notified by the fire dispatcher to respond to 1234 Main Street on a reported structural fire that was under control and required a cause and origin investigator.
Once you arrived on the scene, you were briefed by Lt. Dan Taylor, who stated that upon arrival the fire was visible out both kitchen windows and was spreading quickly to the living-room area. The fire was then quickly extinguished and confined to the kitchen. There were noticeable burn patterns forming a large V-pattern that indicated the fire originated in the area of the stove.
To prevent any form of spoliation, the Hometown Department completed its fire suppression efforts and taped off the area for further investigation prior to any additional overhauling procedures.
Homeowner’s statement: Mrs. Williams stated that she was preparing breakfast for her children when her cell phone rang. She walked to her front porch where she became engaged in a general conversation with her friend. With bacon still cooking on the stovetop, the grease became so hot that it ignited and vertically spread into the ceiling. Once off the phone, the homeowner noticed smoke coming from the kitchen area. After going to the kitchen to locate the source of the smoke, she saw the burning pan and called 911 to report the fire and said she was exiting her home for safety. The Hometown Fire Department then arrived and extinguished the fire.
Fire Scene Photos:
You are now at the fire scene. Explain the specific details of the pre-arrival information, en route and fire scene investigation, and interviews. Be sure to include your physical findings and any evidence that may have been collected from the fire scene. This set of field notes should include all findings with a comp
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.