Review Moody’s Credit Opinion for PepsiCo posted below. Which of the 6 steps of financial statement analysis described in the text does Moody’s appear to be using? Which steps does it appear not to be using? What questions do you have about Moody’s analysis?CORPORATES
26 June 2017
Domicile Purchase, New York,
Long Term Rating A1
Type Senior Unsecured – Fgn
Please see the ratings section at the end of this report
for more information. The ratings and outlook shown
reflect information as of the publication date.
Linda Montag 212-553-1336
Senior Vice President
Peter H. Abdill, CFA 212-553-4024
Update to Discussion of Key Credit Factors
Summary Rating Rationale
PepsiCo’s A1 long-term senior unsecured rating reflects its strong snack food and beverage
franchises, extensive global footprint, and solid innovation pipelines. It also reflects its
efficient operations, and an extensive multifaceted distribution network, as well as its
excellent liquidity and solid financial performance. These factors are tempered by gross
leverage that – while modest – has been rising over time. The company’s liquidity is strong,
with solid and predictable cash flow, large cash balances and $7.5 billion in committed
bank facilities. While PepsiCo’s scale, diversity and strong franchises help to offset some
leverage creep, we expect that debt to EBITDA will remain slightly above 3 times over the
next 12-18 months. PepsiCo faces challenges to grow its volume in mature carbonated soft
drink (CSD) markets. But this weakness is partially offset by its strong innovation program
and productivity initiatives. It is also helped by good growth prospects in food and beverage
internationally, and in its Frito-Lay North American snacks segment.
Gross Leverage at High End of Range for Rating
3.2x 3.2x 3.2x
FYE 2013 FYE 2014 FYE 2015 FYE 2016 FYE 2017P FYE 2018P FYE 2019P
Debt / EBITDA Possible Downgrade Net Debt / EBITDA
 All ratios are based on ‘Adjusted’ financial data and incorporate Moody’s Global Standard Adjustments for Non-Financial
Source: Moody’s Financial Metrics™
MOODY’S INVESTORS SERVICE CORPORATES
» World leader in convenience foods; strong soft beverage positions
» Excellent liquidity; strong cash flows
» Good product diversification
» Restructuring program savings
» Gross leverage will remain somewhat high for the rating
» Some degree of customer and geographic concentration
» Declining CSD volume in mature markets; slow growth in some emerging markets
The stable rating outlook reflects our expectation that PepsiCo will continue to generate solid cash flow, sustain healthy liquidity, and
maintain debt to EBITDA around 3 times over the next twelve to eighteen months.
Factors that Could Lead to an Upgrade
» Good growth momentum in North American beverage business,
» Solid oper
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.