Apply the principles and practices of operations management to improve performance outcomes of a healthcare organization.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are the new project manager for the operations unit of Charleston General Hospital. The hospital is facing challenges of long wait times at the ED resulting in a high number of patients leaving without being seen (LWBS) and long admission holds in the ED. Upon initial assessment, you determine that the two challenges are related and are caused by inefficiencies in process flow.
Develop a process map to evaluate and suggest a redesign of the current challenges. Process maps are graphical depictions of a process. The process map (flow chart) shows the sequence of tasks, decisions, and all other related activities that results from inputs and outputs.
Your map should include a visual illustration of different processes that can be employed by Charleston General to improve the flow of operations in the ED. Attach a summary of the proposed changes reflected in the process map to explain how the changes can improve performance outcomes for the ED.
For assistance on creating a process map, please visit the Rasmussen College Answers page.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.