Using a commercial service airport such as MIA (MIami International), you are going to develop a peak-month and peak-hour analysis and present it as a series of graphs.Airport facilities are typically designed to accommodate loads during a design peak hour (DPH) with the intention of ensuring that airport facilities have adequate capacity to handle demand at the desired level of service throughout the year. This must be accomplished while, at the same time, not over designing facilities just to handle a few instances when extreme peaks may occur.Since few airports operate at “peak demand” levels for more than two or three consecutive hours in any one day and demand fluctuates throughout a period even as short as one hour, some delay will occur during a typical day. For this reason, planners design airport facilities (runways, taxiways, parking aprons and gates, terminals, etc.) on hourly demand that can be expected to occur at least on a weekly basis. Understanding an airport’s peaking characteristics is the first step in designing facilities. This process starts with an analysis ofhistoric annual operations, which is normally the easiest and most accurate data to obtain. Planners then estimate peak-hour loads.As resources point out, many alternative definitions of DPH are in use (de Neufville & Odoni). For practical purposes, it makes little difference which definition is used as long as it fulfills the minimum conditions that state that DPH is not the hour of the year with the highest traffic demand, but rather one with a demand that is exceeded only during a reasonably small number of days of the year.We should conciser what DPH really is and why planners need to know its value. Your assignment is to produce DPH for a commercial service airport. We should also concider the definition and role of the NPIAS. (Links to an external site.) The reason for using an NPIAS airport is the availability of operational data provided by the FAA, including historic and forecasted aircraft operational data. Feel free to use a similar size facility outside the U.S., but be cautioned, the ready availability of data, particularly on the Internet is minimal at best.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.