Do it Yourself Lab Activity 1 (Blood) 50 points
Time: Allow 30 minutes to complete part one. Allow one hour for drying time and then you can do the measurements and finish the assignment.
Gather the following items from your lab kit:
Phenolphthalein Presumptive Test
Cotton Tipped Applicators
Collect the following items from home:
At least 2 sheets (but more for mistakes) of white printer paper (no lines).
Tape of some kind.
A clipboard, book, cookie sheet or other hard surface a bit larger than the size of your paper.
Smart phone camera or digital camera for photos
Find a clean surface where you can work. You will want to cover the area with wrapping paper, saran wrap, an old sheet, aluminum foil or anything you have to keep the blood contained- it will stain.
Watch the Video Demonstration in Module:
Complete the lab and allow at least one hour for stains to dry.
Use your lab findings to complete the Assignment and submit in Canvas by the due date and time. Late Assignments are not accepted.
Questions to be answered in a Short Essay. (Use proper BPA terminology.) 5 points each
Short Essay must be a minimum of 300 words. College level writing requires a comprehensive discussion and offers evidence (source) for your reasoning. Answer everything asked, write well and grammatically correct.
What features of the bloodstains are important when determining the direction of travel of the blood droplet?
How can investigators estimate the angle of impact from the size and shape of the parent drop?
Provide an example of how knowing the actual angle of impact could help investigators solve crimes.
Five Photos properly labeled. 2 points each
1. Presumptive Test Swab
2. Blood Drop Sheet 1
3. Blood Drop Sheet 2
4. Evidence Bag Front
5. Evidence Bag Back
Include your photos of the items at the end of your essay.
Reduce the photos but make sure I can still clearly see your work. Large photos may cause problems when you upload your assignment.
Measurements of the diameter W and length L for six individual spatters from 30 cm height.
Place your chart after your photos. 20 points
Width in cm
Length in cm
~Angle of Impact
Include references in APA format at the end of your document. 5 points
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.