Please review the attachment for instructionsWeek 5 Project
Before beginning work on this assignment, please review the expanded grading rubric for specific instructions relating to content and formatting.
In the United States, managed care is becoming an increasingly popular method of administering healthcare. It influences the clinical behavior of providers, as it combines the payment and delivery of healthcare into a single system, the purpose of which is to control the cost, quality, and access of healthcare services for a single bracket of health plan enrollees (Scutchfield, Lee, & Patton, 1997).
Yet, managed care often evokes strong or negative reactions from healthcare providers because they are paid a fixed amount for treating their patients, regardless of the actual cost, which may influence their level of efficiency. This can challenge the relationships between doctors and patients (Claxton, Rae, Panchal, Damico, & Lundy, 2012; Sekhri, 2000).
Research managed care’s inception and study some examples. Be sure to investigate the perspectives about managed care from the vantage of both healthcare providers and patients. You can use the following keywords for your research—United States managed care, history of managed care, and managed care timeline.
Based on your research, answer the following questions:
· Summarize the history of when, how, and why managed care was developed.
· Define and discuss each type of managed care organization (MCO)—health maintenance organization (HMO), preferred provider organization (PPO), and point of sale (POS).
· Explain the positive and negative aspects, respectively, of managed care organization from the provider’s point of view—a physician and a healthcare facility—and from a patient’s point of view.
· Explain the three types of incentives for providers for efficiency in the delivery of healthcare services. Explain who bears the financial risk—the provider, the patient, or the managed care organization.
· Offer your recommendations, to accept or decline, for patients considering managed care health plans, with your rationale for each.
Claxton, G., Rae, M., Panchal, N., Damico, A., & Lundy, J. (2012). Employer Health
Benefits Annual 2012 Survey. Retrieved from http://ehbs.kff.org/pdf/2012/
Sekhri, N. K. (2000). Managed care: The US experience. Retrieved from http://www.
Scutchfield F. D., Lee, J., & Patton, D. (1997). Managed care in the United States.
Journal of Public Health Medicine, 19(3), 251–254. Retrieved from http://
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.