Week 4 Research Notebook
Integrating Research Activity
Each week you will have an opportunity to practice different aspects of the research and writing process in a writing notebook. It consists of a template you will fill out and submit in Canvas. In addition to introducing and practicing targeted components of the research and writing process, these notebooks will help you develop and practice the skills you will demonstrate on your other assignments.
This week, the writing notebook focuses on integrating research into your own writing.
Review the following resources first:
Quoting, Paraphrasing, & Summarizing
As you write, you are sharing your opinion, but you also need to support the ideas in your writing with evidence. Think about an argument you’ve had with a friend or family member—nothing major, just a disagreement over something, such as who is the greatest professional baseball player, or which movie is the best, or even which is the best taco shop. Arguments like this are largely opinion, but you can use evidence to support the argument for one side or another.
You should first create your argument (or as much of it as you can) and then share the evidence you find in places that support the points you are making.
STEP ONE: Supporting Your Thesis Statement
Here’s an example using the topic from the Week 1 Research Notebook to show how you get started integrating your research into your writing:
Online, Blended and Technology-Enhanced Learning: Tools to Facilitate Community College Student Success in the Digitally-Driven Workplace.
A significant benefit of distance education is the preparation needed to work online developed skills students will need in the workplace.
So, take a look at the article you chose to write about and the thesis statement you have created for your outline. Use these to fill in the sections below:
This is the article you used in for your Week 2 Assignment.
Click or tap here to enter text.
This might change as you write and that’s ok, you just need something to help keep your essay focused.
Click or tap here to enter text.
STEP TWO: Finding Evidence
You have the opportunity to use this article as one of your sources for your Week 5 Final Paper, so it’s worth taking a look at to see what evidence is in there. Here’s an example:
Source 1: (List source here) Levy, D. (2017). Online, blended and technology-enhanced learning: Tools to facilitate community college student success in the digitally-driven workplace.
Contemporary Issues in Education Research, 10(4), 255–262.
Quote with (author, year, page #) citation
“Therefore, instructors must be cognizant to continually relate the benefits of working online to a s
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.