Show your ability to analyze, correct, and revise the
following rough draft
, giving your input on the revision necessary to improve the quality of this essay. You will show successful completion of this deliverable by:
· Providing feedback for corrections/alterations using the Comments feature in Word (Review tab).
· Respond to the six questions at the end of the student rough draft linked above.
· Use complete sentences in all of your responses.
Should Not Privatize Prisons
Prisons should not be privatized because punishing criminal activity should not be a profit business. It is not the place of private prisons to administer punishments. It is the State or government that decides who is a prisoner so they should remain responsible for them until rehabilitated. It is wrong to put a private company that makes a profit off a being in charge of prison operations because their goal is profit not punishment or rehabilitation. Private prisons that cut costs may risk security problems because cutting costs often means cutting corners. I think private prisons are wrong, but .
Prison should not be privatized because the path to profit is to treat human beings badly. Prisons are based on two things custody and care. No one wants to cut corners on the custody aspects of a prison. Care is the only part of a budget that has room to be cut. “One way for-profit prisons to minimize costs is by skimping on provisions, including food. “ A psychiatrist who investigated a privately run prison in Mississippi found that the inmates were severely underfed and looked “almost emaciated.” During their incarceration, prisoners lost anywhere from 10 to 60 pounds.” Citation Steven Starkey
Additionally, there is a financial incentive to do a bad job. The more effective a correctional facility is, the less need of its services. If the inmates have educational, work release programs, medical care such as anger management or mental health while locked up its less likely for them to return to a prison after being released. There will never be a point of not needing prisons; if there is better correctional policies and administration could result in a reduction of need. Privatized prisons are disastrous from the point of view of a profit organization.
Finally, the most important reason Prison should not be privatized is the right to punish belongs only to the state. The criminal justice system is the process by which legally deprive human beings of their guaranteed rights. When someone other than the state tries to deprive someone of these freedoms and rights, charge them with crimes so if it is a privatized prison doing no different than one that committed the crime.
Prisons should not be privatized because punishing criminal activity should not be a “for profit” business. It is not the place of private prisons to administer prisoner punishments because it is the State government that determine who is a prisoner and they should remain respons
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.