On February 7, 2008, there was a large explosion at an Imperial Sugar refinery in Port Wentworth, Georgia. Fourteen people were killed and dozens more were injured. Controversy and lawsuits from the situation described in the Imperial Sugar case will likely continue for many years. The situation generated “whistle-blower” claims and questions. Several politicians became involved as well, and the news media questioned both the politicians’ roles and their involvement with the company. In this Discussion, you will read the case; additionally, you will find it helpful to review both national and local media coverage of the accident and its aftermath.
Read “Crystallizing a Response to a Crisis.”
Using the Internet or Walden Library resources, search for updates and other news stories about the case.
In a Discussion post, address each of the following questions:
In your opinion, what principle(s) of effective communication did Imperial Sugar employ in its response to the disaster?
If you were a family member of an Imperial Sugar employee, would you have been satisfied with the company’s response? Why or why not?
Did Imperial Sugar choose the right audiences for its top priorities? Why or why not?
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post two to three paragraphs (of at least 150 words) for the questions above.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.