In this assignment, you will assess how your attitudes and behaviors connect in order to understand how cognitivedissonance as a cognitive process can influence the way you think and what attitudes you hold. This assignment is dividedinto three parts, so it is suggested that you begin working on it in advance.Part I: Pick a debatable issue that you think is important to address in society today (e.g., universal healthcare). Write aparagraph discussing why you care about and agree with the importance of this issue, and why others should care aboutthis issue as well. Allow one day before moving on to the next part.Part II: Make sure at least one day has passed since writing the first paragraph. Now, write another paragraph detailing whatyou personally do to promote this viewpoint. What actions do you take to support this cause? How have you specificallycontributed to promoting this issue in the recent past? You will include both of these paragraphs in your essay.Part III: To complete your essay, identify your chosen topic in an introductory section and include your paragraphs fromParts I and II. Then, reflect on your previous responses by addressing the following points.a. Discuss the differences between your arguments from the first paragraph (in which you show the importance of thetopic) and the second paragraph (in which you discuss how you personally act on your viewpoint). Are your attitudesabout the importance of the issue reflected in your behaviors (i.e., is there dissonance between your attitudes andyour behaviors)? How do you feel about the level of dissonance between your attitudes and behaviors?b. Elaborate on whether you think that your opinion of the importance of this topic has changed, particularly thinkingabout your initial thoughts on the topic before you wrote either paragraph.c. Briefly describe how experiencing cognitive dissonance about a debatable issue may make a person moresusceptible to social influence, such as conformity, from others who hold opposing opinions.Throughout your discussion, incorporate research on cognitive dissonance from your textbook or another resource to support your claims.Your response should be at least two pages in length, and you must use at least two academic sources as references, oneof which may be your textbook. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quotedmaterial must have accompanying citations. Please format your essay and all citations in accordance with APA guidelines.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.