13-7. Klein Industries manufactures three types of portable air compressors: small, medium, and large, which have unit profits of $20.50, $34.00, and $42.00, respectively. The projected monthly sales are: Small Medium Large Minimum 14,000 6,200 2,600 Maximum 21,000 12,500 4,200 The production process consists of three primary activities: bending and forming, welding, and painting. The amount of time in minutes needed to process each product in each department is shown below: Small Medium Large Available Time Bending/forming 0.4 0.7 0.8 23,400 Welding 0.6 1.0 1.2 23,400 Painting 1.4 2.6 3.1 46,800 How many of each type of air compressor should the company produce to maximize profit? a. Formulate and solve a linear optimization model using the auxiliary variable cells method and write a short memo to the production manager explaining the sensitivity information. b. Solve the model without the auxiliary variables and explain the relationship between the reduced costs and the shadow prices found in part a.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.