1. Demonstrate a deep understanding of the logistic function concepts and theories as well as supply chain management strategies. (Lo.1.1)
2. Demonstrate the ability to understand complex issues pertaining to supply chain integration and strategic supply chain partnership (Lo 1.2).
3. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles. (Lo 2.1)
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities.
Use Saudi digital Library (SDL) search engine.
Search Title: New Approaches to Supply Chain Management Concept. Logistics Integration of “Hub and Spoke” Model.
Authors Name: MINCULETE, Gheorghe; OLAR, Polixenia
Source: Valahian Journal of Economic Studies. 2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p21-32. 12p.
Read out the research paper carefully and based on your understanding you should answer the following questions.
1. A supply chain consists of all parties involved, directly or indirectly, in fulfilling a customer’s request. Explain with an imaginary Saudi manufacturing company. – (5Marks)
2. Why in the current modern trade, the integration of economic affairs from design to completion is an important priority for every Manufacturing Companies?- (5Marks)
3. Define the parties involved directly and indirectly in the supply chain and their role in the smooth running of the business? -(5Marks)
• Reference should be included.Volume 5 (19) Issue 2 2014
New Approaches to Supply Chain Management Concept.
Logistics Integration of “Hub and Spoke” Model
“Carol I” National Defense University, Romania
In the current modern trade, the integration of economic affairs from design to
completion is an important priority, which determines all economic options of companies
to focus on satisfying the needs of consumers and users to their loyalty.
A supply chain consists of all parties involved, directly or indirectly, in fulfilling a
customer’s request. The supply chain not only includes the manufacturer and suppliers,
but also transporters, warehouses, retailers, and customers themselves.
Within each organization, such as a manufacturer, the supply chain includes all
functions involved in receiving and filling a customer’s request. These functions include,
but are not limited to, new product development, marketing, operations, distribution,
finance, and customer service.
This article stresses the essential aspects of supply chain management in modern
economics affairs, which are integrating under the functional aspect of the “hub and
Keywords: supply chain management, hub and spoke model, hub and spoke
system, hub and spoke network, e-commerce
JEL Classification: L11, L22
The management of the supply-delivery chain aims to intensify the processes that
take place from the level of the suppliers of raw materials to that of the end customers. The
aim is to increase the added value and to improve the use of resources and the efficiency of
costs by bringing the required product at the indicated time and place with minimum
manipulations and without delays.
A supply chain means a flow of goods, services, money and information through
different situations (Tan, 2001). These units are legally independent companies, factories
or offices far from each other, geographically speaking, or organizational entities that have
the autonomy to take decisions regarding the information systems.
The concept of management of the supply-delivery chain is closely connected to
Michael Porter’s idea (1985), which expresses it as a chain of values based on the
processual vision on organizations. According to this idea, an organization can be seen as a
Valahian Journal of Economic Studies
subsystem composed of sub-systems, each of them with inputs, transformation
(conversion) processes and outputs.
Having in mind the logistic field, the management of the supply-delivery chain is
very important, because it covers the aspects that study the flows of materials and
information, the acquisitions and sales from an operative point of view, such as the
transports, orders and packing, but also aspects of a strategic nature, such as the
competition. Although there is a large number of definitions on the management of the
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.