Making Sense of Multiple Perspectives [WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]All thinking is influenced by context, and much of it is motivated to protect the self. Understanding the mechanisms guiding thought processes can help you interpret the world in a more balanced manner, which may be beneficial in both your personal and professional life. In this discussion, you will consider various elements of social thinking as they apply to a specific example.Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 of your textbook, review Media Bias Ratings (Links to an external site.), and watch The Moral Roots of Liberals and Conservatives (Links to an external site.).Then, complete the following:Imagine that you are asked by the chair of the political science department at your local college to provide an article for an upcoming student publication, providing a social psychological perspective on human behavior. Select a topic from the list of current or historical social movements, issues, events, or ideas provided by your instructor to form the basis of your analysis.Locate at least three popular sources (news articles, etc.) that portray the topic differently (i.e., opposite points of view; preferably, you will locate at least one article from left, right, and center). You will find Media Bias Ratings (Links to an external site.) useful for identifying diverse sources and searching for articles on a specific topic via the “Balanced Search” option. In your initial post,Summarize the different perspectives, interpreting the social cognitive principles that explain how those on both sides of the selected topic maintain and support their views. Although not a comprehensive list, the following concepts may be appropriate to consider: attribution, belief perseverance, confirmation bias, heuristics, cognitive dissonance, self-esteem, impression management, and so on.Predict the role of context (including culture). How do differing circumstances explain the variation in viewpoints?Discriminate potential career applications of this insight. What are some professions that may benefit from recognition of the social cognitive principles to help explain or lead to different perspectives?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.