Please respond two of your classmates’ initial posts and bring together pieces of the discussion and take those ideas further. These responses should be at least 150 words FOR EACH STUDENT.Also respond to the question that the Teacher has asked you based on your WK8 main post. With minimum 150 words.Student 1Uriah W.Hello Class Not going to lie this has been the roughest class I’ve taken so far, definitely not going to be switching to a literature major. But enough about that, for the first part of my forum I chose Sherman Alexie: “What You Pawn I Will Redeem”. I think this poem resonates with me the most due to the way the author wrote the story, Jackson Jackson though being homeless still knew who he was culturally, he knew his faults and understood that he probably wouldn’t change. Even though he was given or won money throughout the story he still stayed to his good nature and beliefs by taking care of other people. If he would have saved the money over the 24hrs he would have had upwards of $200, yet he bought drinks, gave away tips and fed people. This story made me feel there are still decent people in the world and that stuck with me. I think the most important characteristics of American Literature are writing in an American dialect and telling the unique stories of the Americans that had great adventures unlike anywhere else. Mark Twain was the best at writing using American dialects and culture in his stories, this has made American literature better than any other Literature. This was a tough one but I’m going to throw a curve, Stan Lee. He was one of the most imaginative contemporary writers I could think of. Stan Lee brought America into young Americans lives, with his deeply patriotic and sometimes outlandish characters resolute throughout modern culture. I think Literature may need to add a small section for what gets most kids reading and that’s comics.Student 2Carlos A.Class, This week after reading “What You Pawn I Will Redeem” by Sherman Alexia was the story I most connected with. The story speaks of Native American by the name of Jackson Jackson who is homeless. Jackson’s story could be resume as homeless who goes though a journey in purchasing a beloved Regalia that belonged to his grandmother, and the lesson that at the end is given to him by the pawn owner who owned the Regalia. I felt a connection to Jackson because sometimes we feel lost or are lost until one thing in or life steers us in the right direction or might attest steers us in the right direction. In my opinion the most important characteristic that distinguish American literature is it means to represent though poetry the events that where going on, or at least the feelings that those where individuals where feeling during certain events. The readings of each week had a solid representation of American literature. Hemmingway’s The Fight on the Hilltop to me most of his stories even though talking about prior events are much aligned to events in our times. The author brings to the table a strong representation of battles fought previously and those can translate to battles fought today. Teacher question:This Star Wars fan would like to hear more about Part III…
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.