Presbycusis PaperPresbycusis is a condition affecting the hearing of many adults. There are a variety of causes, including damage to structures of the middle and inner ear. The result is loss of hearing—not complete deafness, but difficulty in detecting certain sounds within the normal range of hearing. Use each numbered item as a required subheading in your paper. Students should preview the grading rubric before beginning the assignment.Explain how normal hearing occurs. Include in your discussion the following points:How is sound transmitted from the environment outside the body to the inner ear? What structures are involved, and how do they transmit sound?What happens in the inner ear (cochlea) when sound waves are converted to neural signals? How is sound frequency (pitch) processed?Next, summarize the causes of presbycusis and explain how they will interfere with the normal processing of sound as outlined above.Discuss one source of presbycusis involving a problem with the outer/middle ear.Discuss one source of presbycusis involving a problem with the inner ear.Finally, describe what it might be like to have presbycusis. Include the following points:If you have normal hearing now, how would your ability to converse with others be affected?What activities that you now enjoy would be limited by this condition?How would such a condition affect your work life?The paper should include:Be a minimum of 3.5 and a maximum of 4.5 full pages, size 12 font Times New Roman, double spaced with 1 inch margins, NOT including the Title and References pages.A title pageInclude the sub headings of: “Introduction”, “How Normal Hearing Occurs”, “Causes of Presbycusis”, “Having Presbycusis”, and “Conclusions”.Introductory paragraph ending in a clear thesis statementSeveral well-developed (5-7 sentences) body paragraphs that explore the assignment questions in detailA summary and conclusions paragraphThree references, two of which cannot be from the class readings.Be sure to submit your project in one Word document in APA 7th ed. format and attach it below.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.