Psychology Versus Pop PsychologyPrior to beginning work on this discussion, read the required Bemecker (2014), Kosovski and Smith (2011), and Mullins (2014) articles.There is often a wide discrepancy between content presented in the mainstream media and that which is presented in the scientific literature. In this discussion, you will choose one contemporary psychological issue that is prevalent today (depression, body image, bullying, media influences, self-esteem, etc.). Research your selected topic using one popular publication (Psychology Today, Newsweek, New York Times, etc.), self-help television show (Dr. Phil, Hoarders, Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, etc.), or book (The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Managing Your Moods, Learn How to Boost Your Self Esteem, etc.). Then, using the University of Arizona Global Campus Library, locate a peer-reviewed journal article on the same topic. In your initial post, briefly identify your topic and provide enough detail for an adequate understanding. Compare and contrast the information presented by detailing commonalities and differences that exist in the two sources. Assess the contributions of the peer-reviewed source to the topic and identify any missing element in the popular source. Evaluate how adequately the popular source addresses the major components of the selected contemporary topic in psychology for a general population, as well as contemporary applications of popular / self-help resources in psychology (do they help or harm).
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.