You must select one of the following four case studies, each of which is identified with one of four key chapters in the textbook. You will need to create a formal Word document answering the questions thoroughly, in narrative form, and you must use, at a minimum, the textbook and at least one other source (Internet sites are acceptable). The Word document will need to be submitted in Canvas. Although this is not a formal research paper, please include all references and citations within the Word document. Please note that you WILL be graded on proper use of grammar and sentence structure!NOTE: ALL papers submitted will be evaluated using “TurnItIn.com”. Any papers that are duplicates of other papers in either this or any previous class will receive an automatic zero. DO NOT PLAGIARIZE! This should be your own original work and every paper must be unique.Case 1 – Chapter 8 (FedEx)Provide a high-level overview and history of the company.How is FedEx’ operations improved by its location?How does FedEx’ location strategy differ from its competitors?How has FedEx affected the Memphis, TN area (include positive and negative aspects)?Case 2 – Chapter 11 (Arnold Palmer Hospital’s Supply Chain)Provide a high-level overview and history of the company.How does this supply chain differ from that in a manufacturing firm?What are the constraints on making decisions based on economics alone at the hospital?What role do doctors and nurses play in supply chain decisions in a hospital? How is this participation handled at Arnold Palmer Hospital?Doctor Smith just returned from the Annual Physician’s Orthopedic Conference, where she saw a new hip joint replacement demonstrated. She decides she wants to start using the replacement joint at Arnold Palmer Hospital. What process will Dr. Smith have to go through at the hospital to introduce this new product into the supply chain for future surgical use?Case 3 – Chapter 12 (Amazon.com)Provide a high-level overview and history of the company.What differentiates Amazon from other large box retailers (e.g., Wal-Mart, Best Buy)?What changes is Amazon planning in the future to improve inventory management and distribution?Describe Amazon’s global strategy for managing inventory between countries.Case 4 – Chapter 16 (Toyota Motor Corporation)Provide a high-level overview and history of the company.Compare and Contrast the two Lean techniques leveraged by Toyota.How does Toyota’s San Antonio plant differ from other manufacturing facilities?How has lean manufacturing affected Toyota’s ability to compete in the automotive industry?Describe the three components of TPS and their importance.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.