Week Two Discussion 3
Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings with EACH discussion question
Healthcare around the world has a variety of methods that are utilized by physicians. Variation is something that can offer innovation within healthcare communities but can also cause inconsistencies and irregularities with how care is provided (Joshi et al., 2014). Within the healthcare realm there are many instances where care and best practices can vary from physician to physician (Joshi et al, 2014). Due the vast number of physicians across the world, treatments for patients can vary depending on the training and experience received.
Variation in healthcare can be good in many instances. It is obvious that physicians try to maintain their training and best practices but sometimes there is a need to stray from the normality of treatment. In some instances, variation in healthcare can be justified and can be considered acceptable variation. When a physician decides to deviate from their normal practices to meet a patient needs such as specific symptoms, circumstances, and values it can be viewed as acceptable (Cripps, 2017). Eventually when a new practice that is considered it be a variation is becoming more widely used, it will no longer be a variation but rather a normal practice (Cripps, 2017). Variation provides innovation and creates possibility within healthcare. Without the implementation of variation some ‘best practices’ would not be utilized today.
Variation is widely accepted by many physicians around the world due to the innovations and new methods it can provide, but there also instances where acceptable variation is not warranted. One of the biggest issues that come with variations is physicians straying too far from best practices. It has been seen that variation can promote new findings in treatment, but when treatment becomes detrimental to a patient and their families it is unacceptable (Cripps, 2017).
As healthcare leaders it is important for us to understand variation. Variation can provide benefits to use as leaders and help us improve processes. The innovation and improvements that variation can provide can be groundbreaking. Although, it is important for us to understand that even though it can provide improvements it can also have negative effects. When improving and changing processes we must be able to distinguish what is truly acceptable variation and make the appropriate call to implement the variation into our daily practices.
Cripps, M. (2017, January 4).
What do we mean by ‘variation’ and when it is ‘unwarranted’? NHS choices. Retrieved November 4, 2022, from
S., J. M., R., R. E., B., N. D., & B., R. S. (2014).
The Healthcare Quality Book: Vision, Strategy, and Tools (3rd ed.). Health Administration Press.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.