Due date on the 01/09/23. See attachment for instructionsAssessment 2 Instructions: Root-Cause Analysis and Safety Improvement Plan
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
· For this assessment, you can use a supplied template to conduct a root-cause analysis. The completed assessment will be a scholarly paper focusing on a quality or safety issue pertaining to medication administration in a health care setting of your choice as well as a safety improvement plan.
As patient safety concerns continue to be addressed in the health care settings, nurses can play an active role in implementing safety improvement measures and plans. Often root-cause analyses are conducted and safety improvement plans are created to address sentinel or adverse events such as medication errors, patient falls, wrong-site surgery events, and hospital-acquired infections. Performing a root-cause analysis offers a systematic approach for identifying causes of problems, including process and system-check failures. Once the causes of failures have been determined, a safety improvement plan can be developed to prevent recurrences. The baccalaureate nurse’s role as a leader is to create safety improvement plans as well as disseminate vital information to staff nurses and other health care professionals to protect patients and improve outcomes.
As you prepare for this assessment, it would be an excellent choice to complete the Quality and Safety Improvement Plan Knowledge Base activity and to review the various assessment resources, all of which will help you build your knowledge of key concepts and terms related to quality and safety improvement. The terms and concepts will be helpful as you prepare your Root-Cause Analysis and Safety Improvement Plan. Activities are not graded and demonstrate course engagement.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Analyze the elements of a successful quality improvement initiative.
1. Apply evidence-based and best-practice strategies to address a safety issue or sentinel event pertaining to medication administration. ;
1. Create a viable, evidence-based safety improvement plan for safe medication administration.
. Competency 2: Analyze factors that lead to patient safety risks.
2. Analyze the root cause of a patient safety issue or a specific sentinel event pertaining to medication administration in an organization.
. Competency 3: Identify organizational interventions to promote patient safety.
3. Identify existing organizational resources that could be leveraged to improve a safety improvement plan for safe medication administration.
. Competency 5: Apply professional, scholarly, evidence-based strategies to communicate in a manner that supports safe and effective patient care.
4. Communicate in writing that is clear, logical, and professional, with correct grammar and spelling, using current APA style.
Nursing practiEvidence-Based Practice
· Hande, K., Williams, C. T., Robbins, H. M., & Christenbery, T. (2017).
Leveling evidence-based practice across the nursing curriculum.
The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 13(1), e17–e22.
. Abstract: Evidence-based practice (EBP) competencies represent essential components of nursing education at all levels. The transition of EBP learning goals from the baccalaureate to the Master of Science in nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice levels provides a blueprint for the development and advancement of student knowledge, skills, and attitudes. The purpose of this article is to describe 3 nursing curricula related to EBP competencies at the baccalaureate, master’s, and Doctor of Nursing Practice levels (Hande, Williams, Robbins, & Christenbery, 2017).
· Sukkarieh-Haraty, O., & Hoffart, N. (2017).
Integrating evidence-based practice into a Lebanese nursing baccalaureate program: Challenges and successes.
International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship,
. Abstract: Evidence-based practice (EBP) is defined as “the conscientious use of current best evidence in making clinical decisions about patient care.” This paper describes how we have developed the evidence-based practice concept and integrated it into two courses at two different levels of the BSN curriculum. Students apply EBP knowledge and process by using the PICO clinical question (Population, Intervention, Comparison and Outcome), whereby they observe a selected clinical skill, and then compare their observations to hospital protocol and against the latest evidence-based practice guidelines. The assignment for the second course requires students to pick a more complex clinical skill and to support proposed changes in practice with scholarly literature. Assessment of student learning and course evaluation has shown that the overall experience of integrating EBP projects into the curriculum is fruitful for students, clinical agencies, and faculty (Sukkarieh-Haraty & Hoffart, 2017).
· Rahmayanti, E. I., Kadar, K. S., & Saleh, A. (2020).
Readiness, barriers and potential strength of nursing in implementing evidence-based practice.
International Journal of Caring Sciences,
. This article provides methods for identifying the readiness, barriers, and potential strengths of implementing evidence-based practice.
· Lee, S. K. (2016).
Implementing evidence-based practices improves neonatal outcomes.
. This journal article provides a framework for identifying and appraising research, as well as implementing change and practices based on research.
Quality and Safety
· Ambutas, S., Lamb, K. V., & Quigley, P. (2017).
Fall reduction and injury prevention toolkit: Implementation on two medical-surgical units
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.