1. Describe an example from your everyday life of two objects/substances that are different temperatures, but left alone, eventually come to thermal equilibrium.
2. Draw one temperature versus time graph for the two objects/substances you described. Label the temperature axis with approximate temperatures. Draw one line for each of the objects, on a single graph.
3. Fill in the blanks below, as appropriate, with the terms ‘heat,’ ‘temperature,’ and ‘thermal energy’:
a. The ____________ of an object is based on the average kinetic energy of the molecules in an object.
b. The _____________________ of an object is based on the total kinetic energy of the molecules in an object.
c. ______________ is a term used to describe the transfer of thermal energy from one object to another.
5. Imagine you have a pot containing 2 cups of water at 50°C (122°F). If you add 6 more cups of water, also at 50°C (122°F), will the water in the pot have a higher temperature than before? Will the water in the pot have more thermal energy than before?
6. What determines the direction of thermal energy transfer (heat flow)?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.