Open the file (Chapter 10, Assignment, Fall 2020) and answer the questions. I uploaded the book to answer the questions
PLEASE ANSWER IN THE SAME FILESOC 100, Fall 2020
Due by 10:30am on Monday, 10/5
In order to receive credit you must:
Upload to BB in its assigned place. It must be in MS Word, PDF or RTF (or cut and paste into text box) to ensure credit; if I cannot open it, you cannot receive credit.
Note: Emailed assignments are not accepted; hard copies are not accepted. Late assignments are not accepted. The assignment must be uploaded to BB.
1. What are the three components of social class?
2. Summarize Figure 10.1 (Don’t simply state what it is about – rather summarize the information presented).
3. Your author asks – ‘Why do people give more prestige to some jobs than to others?’ He writes that the ‘jobs at the top (of Table 10.2) share four features.’ What are the four features?
4. Summarize Figure 10.6 (Don’t simply state what it is about – rather summarize the information presented).
5. Describe the ‘underclass’.
6. According to Henslin, it is best to ‘think of each social class as abroad subculture with distinct approaches to life, so significant that it affects our …..what?
7. How does social class affect people’s health?
8. How does social class affect people’s mental health?
9. How is social class linked with child rearing practices?
10. How is social class linked with people’s politics?
11. How is social class linked with involvement with the criminal justice system?
12. What is ‘intergenerational mobility’?
13. What is ‘structural mobility’?
14. According to the ‘American Dream’ discussion on page 281, how much social mobility is there in the U.S.?
15. Explain the poverty line.
16. How does race/ethnicity link with poverty?
17. How does education link with poverty?
18. What is the ‘feminization of poverty’?
19. How many children in the U.S. live in poverty?
20. Children born into poverty (often to single moms) are ‘likely to face severe obstacles to building a satisfying life’ (p.288). What are the obstacles?
21. Explain the ‘culture of poverty’ perspective.
22. ‘Two explanations for poverty compete for our attention.’ What are the two explanations?
23. What did sociologist Elliot Liebow find regarding streetcorner men and deferred gratification?
24. Explain the difference between the ‘deserving poor’ and the ‘undeserving poor’.
25. What is the ‘Horatio Alger’ myth?Sociology
A Down-to-Earth Approach
James M. Henslin
Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
Boston Columbus Indianapolis New York San Francisco Upper Saddle River
Amsterdam Cape Town Dubai London Madrid Milan Munich Paris Montréal Toronto
Delhi Mexico City São Paulo Sydney Hong Kong Seoul Singapore Taipei Tokyo
A01_HENS5571_13_SE_FM.indd 1 11/19/15 4:31 PM
VP, Product Development: Dickson Musslewhite
Senior Acquisitions Editor: Billy J. Grieco
Editorial Assistant: Amandria Guadalupe
Development Editors: Dusty Friedman/Jennifer
VP, Director of Marketing: Brandy Dawson
Project Team Lead: Denise Forlow
Project Manager: Marianne Peters-Riordan
Program Team Lead: Maureen Richardson
Program Manager: Joseph Vella
Director of Field Marketing: Jonathan Cottrell
Product Marketer: Tricia Murphy
Field Marketer: Brittany Pogue-Mohammed Acosta
Marketing Assistant, Field Marketing: Andrea
Marketing Assistant, Product Marketing: Samantha
Operations Manager: Mary Fischer
Operations Specialist: Mary Ann Gloriande
Director of Design: Blair Brown
Cover Art Director: Maria Lange
Cover Design: Pentagram
Digital Studio Product Manager: Claudine
Digital Studio Project Manager: Rich Barnes
Full-Service Project Management and Composition:
Katy Gabel/Lumina Datamatics
Printer/Binder: RR Donnelley/Roanoke
Cover Printer: Phoenix Color/Hagerstown
Acknowledgements of third party content appear on pages CR-1–CR-7, which constitutes an extension of this
copyright page. Cultural Diversity Around the World: Doing Business in the Global Village box contains art with the
following credit: Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z © 2009 Cartoon Network, Toei Animation & Aniplex. All Rights
Reserved. THE POWERPUFF GIRLS and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Cartoon
Copyright © 2017, 2014, 2012 by James M. Henslin. All Rights Reserved. Printed in the United States of
America. This publication is protected by copyright, and permission should be obtained from the publisher
prior to any prohibited reproduction, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission in any form or by any
means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise. For information regarding permissions,
request forms and the appropriate contacts within the Pearson Rights & Permissions Department, please visit
PEARSON and ALWAYS LEARNING are exclusive trademarks owned by Pearson Education, Inc. or its
affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Unless otherwise indicated herein, any third-party trademarks that may appear in this work are the property of
their respective owners and any references to third-party trademarks, logos or other trade dress are for demon-
strative or descriptive purposes only. Such references are not intended to imply any sponsorship, endorsement,
authorization, or promotion of Pearson’s products by the owners of
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.