solve the questions about the dinner bell and the koala fun cases. everything will be included in the pictures for both of the cases. Koala fun Cases have 6 questions Dinner bell case have 8 questionsDinner Bell Case
1. Prepare a cash budget for the period February through August. See
Exhibit C1.1 for necessary data.
2. Is there any advantage to extending the forecast through September,
October, and November? Explain.
3. Let’s assume the hotel’s cash flow would not be sufficient to cover any
shortfall occurring during the cash budget period. What proportion of
payables must be deferred to get the resort through this period?
4. Sarah, in essence, may be asking the firm’s vendors for a loan if she re-
quests a deferral on payables. From the hotel’s point of view, the size of
the loan is your answer to question 3. From the suppliers’ point of view,
however, the size of their investment in the loan is actually less than that
amount. Explain why.
5. Do the suppliers have an incentive to cooperate? Explain.
6. The suppliers may be unable to cooperate. Why?
7. As a follow-up to question 6. if the suppliers are unable (or unwilling) to
cooperate, how do you think Sarah should proceed?
8. Do you think that a cash budget is a more important financial tool for a
small operation such as Dinner Bell Hotel or a large firm such as Exxon?
Koala Fun Case
1. Using the data in Exhibits C2.1 and C2.2. calculate and analyze the firm’s
2012 and 2013 ratios.
2. Part of Owen’s evaluation will consist of comparing the firm’s ratios to
the industry as shown in Exhibit C3.3. Discuss the limitations of such a
comparative financial analysis. In view of these limitations, why are such
industry comparisons so frequently made? (Note: Sales are forecast to be
$8.25 million in 2014.)
3. Owen thinks that the profitability of the firm has been hurt by Tessa’s reluc-
tance to use much interest-bearing debt. Is this a reasonable position? Explain.
4. The case mentions that Tessa rarely takes trade discounts, which are typi-
cally 1%/10, net 30. Does this seem like a wise financial move? Explain.
5. Is the estimate of $35 to $40 for Owen’s shares a fair evaluation?
6. What do you recommend that Owen and Tessa do to improve their company?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.