First, Please find attached Article for summarizing (Only 1 page).
Second, is about to explain the topic of just-in-time “JIT” in supply chain management using secondary data through interment from the research article, report, magazine or newspaper. Please use some figures, table or pictures etc. ( this is required 3 pages)
Due date is on Thursday, January 05, 2023 at 11:00 AM (UTC+03:00) Kuwait, Riyadh.Food supply chain management:
systems, implementations, and
Ray Zhong and Xun Xu
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand, and
Department of Production Engineering,
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to review the food supply chain management (FSCM) in terms of
systems and implementations so that observations and lessons from this research could be useful for
academia and industrial practitioners in the future.
Design/methodology/approach – A systematical and hierarchical framework is proposed in this paper to
review the literature. Categorizations and classifications are identified to organize this paper.
Findings – This paper reviews total 192 articles related to the data-driven systems for FSCM. Currently,
there is a dramatic increase of research papers related to this topic. Looking at the general interests on FSCM,
research on this topic can be expected to increase in the future.
Research limitations/implications – This paper only selected limited number of papers which are
published in leading journals or with high citations. For simplicity without generality, key findings and
observations are significant from this research.
Practical implications – Some ideas from this paper could be expanded into other possible domains so that
involved parties are able to be inspired for enriching the FSCM. Future implementations are useful for
practitioners to conduct IT-based solutions for FSCM.
Social implications – As the increasing of digital devices in FSCM, large number of data will be used for
decision-makings. Data-driven systems for FSCM will be the future for a more sustainable food supply chain.
Originality/value – This is the first attempt to provide a comprehensive review on FSCM from the view of
data-driven IT systems.
Keywords Case studies, Food supply chain management, Review, Data-driven systems,
Implementations, IT systems
Paper type Literature review
Food industry plays an important role in providing basics and necessities for supporting
various human activities and behaviors (Cooper and Ellram, 1993). Once harvested or
produced, the food should be stored, delivered, and retailed so that they could reach to the
final customers by due date. It was reported that about one-third of the produced food has
been abandoned or wasted yearly (approximately 1.3 billion tons) (Manning et al., 2006).
Two-third of the wasted food (about 1 billion tons) is occurred in supply chain like
harvesting, shipping and storage (Fritz and Schiefer, 2008). Take fruit and vegetables for
example, such perishable food was wasted by 492 million tons worldwide in 2011 due to the
Industrial Management & Data
Vol. 117 No. 9, 2017
Emerald Publishing Limited
Received 22 September 2016
Revised 11 November 2016
Accepted 25 December 2016
The current i
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.