See attached fileAssignment – The New Leader
Robbins & Alvy (2014) discussed the role in three terms: Leader as Learner, Leader as
Manager and Leader as Shaper of school/work Culture. It is important that you understand and
are able to identify each of these, both independently and interdependently.
1. Read the background section of The New Principal found on page 232 of Gorton &
2. Review each of the in-basket items 1- 19.
3. Write a short paper (3-5 pages) discussing whether each in-basket item reflects Dr.
Brown as: Leader as Learner, Leader as Manager, Leader as Shaper of School
Culture, or some combination of the three. Provide a rationale for each of your
answers. Support your answers with evidence from the course reading or other
scholarly sources. Be sure to cite and reference your sources in APA format. The
links below can provide you with guidance and examples on using APA format.
4. As you draft your responses, consider how these in-basket items might look within
your desired leadership role (principal).
3 THE NEW PRINCIPAL (IN-BASKET ACTIVITIES)
You are Dr. Brown. You were approved by the school board on August 11 to succeed Mr.
Sanders as principal of Kennedy School. Due to a death in your family, however, you were
unable to report to Kennedy School until the weekend of August 22–23. You have arrived at the
school on Saturday morning to look at your mail and start organizing things.
Specific information about the context of this situation, including a description of the school, the
district, and the community, has not been provided in order that these details might be varied,
depending on the composition of the class or group and the objectives of the instructor.
Information of this nature may be provided by the instructor, to the extent needed and at an
You will be given 90 minutes to read and take action on all the in-basket items presented
following the instructions. You are not expected merely to describe what you would do, but to do
it. For example, if you decide to write a letter, then compose the letter. If you decide to telephone
a person or see someone for a conference, then outline your objectives, as well as the main
points or questions that you would present. (Utilize relevant concepts from Part I of the text in
Each in-basket item requires a separate action that you should present on another sheet of
paper, adding the identification number in the upper-left-hand corner of the in-basket item.
Although the in-basket items are numbe
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.