Week 6 Forum: Post-Modernism and PsychoanalysisPart One: Several of our works this week portray significant or complex relationships between characters. Choose one that stood out to you as particularly moving or engaging. Describe the relationship and explain its personal resonance with you.Part Two: Research one of this week’s authors and tell us what about his or her biography struck you as being reflective of issues in the work. Be sure to cite all biographical information you report.Part Three: Post-modern work is sometimes ambiguous. In O’Brien’s story we meet a group of soldiers on a night maneuver. How do you think this story ends based on what you see in this short excerpt? What clues can you tease out of the chapter to give an indication of where this story might be headed?O’Brien’s work focuses on Cacciato before he becomes AWOL. Therefore, you are tasked with ‘guessing’ about what happens next after reading this short section. If you prefer, you can focus on why Cacciato says this at the end of the story: “You will. You got a terrific sense of humor”Instructions: Your initial discussion should be at least 200 words. It must include MLA citations – both in-text and an end citation. Video: Post-Modernism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO_gaxFIRXw
Week 6 Forum: Post-Modernism and Psychoanalysis Part One: Several of our works this week portray significant or complex relationships between characters. Choose one that stood out to you as particular
WEEK 6: Post-ModernismLesson Overview Literature is often a reflection of history. Throughout history various literary movements have shaped the face of American literature. Part of analyzing a literary work is putting it in perspective in terms of history and literary tradition. This week we will take a look at several major movements, their historical influences, and their impact on the novel you are reading. Students will be able to: Identify the historical influences that shaped major literary movements. Evaluate the influence of various movements in literature. In this lesson, we will discuss: The major literary movements of the late nineteenth and twentieth century and their impact on the novels we are covering Historical events as they relate to literature Post-Modernism The following activities and assessments need to be completed this week: Reading: Video: Post-ModernismFlannery O’Connor: Author BioFlannery O’Connor: “Good Country People”Tim O’Brien: Author interviewTim O’Brien: from “Going After Cacciato”Joyce Carol Oates: Author BioJoyce Carol Oates: from “Blonde”Theodore Roethke: “My Papa’s Waltz”
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.