First Assignment: 2 Discussions
Based on readings in your textbook and an article from the KU library, explain the relationship between standard deduction and itemized deduction. What changes did the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) make to the standard deduction? How do you think this change will affect Charitable Giving in future tax years?
Do not forget to make your posts to the other topic this week.
You are a CPA paid to prepare tax returns for various clients. One of your clients is determined to deduct the cost of adding a swimming pool to his house as an itemized deduction for medical expenses. He argues this is a qualified medical expense, as he plans on swimming laps in the pool for exercise. You do not agree that this expenditure is a deductible medical expense, but your client is insisting it is. You know the cost will not exceed 7.5% of the taxpayer’s AGI, and therefore will not be deductible anyway. To appease your client, you list the expense as an itemized deduction since it will not impact the final tax calculation. Do you think you made the correct decision? Where would you look for guidance on how to handle this scenario?
Reference and apa format
You are working for a local accountant during tax season and the accountant has asked you to help with the tax preparation needs of Russell and Denise Powell.
Russell and Denise Powell are married filing jointly. Their address is 525 Spencer Street Miami, FL 33054.
Russell Powell Denise Powell
Social Security Number: 412-34-5670 Social Security Number: 412-34-5671
Date of Birth: 4/11/1971 Date of Birth: 7/24/1974
W-2 For Russell shows these amounts: W-2 for Denise shows these amounts:
Wages (Box 1): $75,000 Wages (Box 1): $35,000
Federal W/H (Box 2): $6,950 Federal W/H (Box 2): $3,820
Social Security Wages (Box 3): $75,000 Social Security Wages (Box 3): $35,000
Social Security W/H (Box 4): $4,650 Social Security W/H (Box 4): $2,025
Medicare Wages (Box 5): $75,000 Medicare Wages (Box 5): $35,000
Medicare W/H (Box 6): $1,088 Medicare W/H (Box 6): $475
Form 1099-INT for Russell and Denise show this amount: Box 1 = $3,740 Peninsula Bank
They also received tax-exempt interest of $1,500, as well as $90 for jury duty pay when Denise went to court to serve for two days.
Denise received two weeks of worker’s compensation pay for a total of $1,750.
Dependent: Daughter Sarah Powell. Her date of birth is 6/15/2008. Her Social Security number is 412-34-5672
Fill out the appropriate tax form for Russell and Denise Powell. Tax forms can be obtained from the IRS website. **Be sure you save the form to your computer BEFORE you fill in any information or your data will be lost when you save the file with the data entered. Once saved, access the saved form from your computer, not the web browser.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.