PLEASE READ CAREFULLYWEEK 4 DISCUSSION
Leadership has long been associated with sport participation, as many essential leadership
skills can be learned and honed in team sports, including goal setting, effective communication,
problem solving, and conflict management. Just being part of a sport team is no guarantee that
one is experiencing effective teamwork, however; sometimes a team is functioning as more of a
In the business world, the words group and team seem interchangeable, but smart managers
realize there are subtle—but important—differences. Recognizing these differences will help
sport administrators to more effectively lead people to achieve their organizational goals.
In The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, business guru and author Patrick Lencioni (2002)
described what he believes to be stumbling blocks to teamwork:
1. absence of trust,
2. fear of conflict,
3. lack of commitment,
4. avoidance of accountability
5. inattention to results
What are the characteristics of effective groups that have transformed into teams?
This is the focus of your Discussion.
Post an answer to the question, “What is the difference between a group and a team?” How
does a group become a team? Using characteristics and essential elements of teamwork,
provide a sports team example that fulfills the criteria for being an effective team. Include your
rationale for selecting the team.
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS DISCUSSIONS:
Instead of taking the specific points mentioned in the prompt, write in a fluid essay style…no
need for the questions or subheadings. Indent paragraphs. Use APA format for references and
include additional course materials.
You are lacking citations for the problem you discussed, which is clearly medical in nature. The
problem-solving strategies should come from the reading materials (e.g., cynefin, etc.). Make
sure to use our learning materials beyond Scott. Put references in APA format (no first names
for example), and there should always be more than one.[removed]
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.